Tuesday 3 May 2016

Evaluation 3.

What kind of Media Institution might distribute your media product and why?

The genre of my magazine Shake It Up, is pop. I chose a pop genre for my magazine as it attracts the audience with the bright, bold colours and considering my magazine is aimed at 13-17 year olds, bright and bold colours will catch their eye. I also chose a pop genre as many artists in the music industry are pop artists, i done plenty of research into pop magazines before i began to create my magazine and also looked at several style models for ideas and inspiration.

"We love Pop" is aimed specifically at the younger generation and they used bright colours also to draw their audience. The magazine style model that i used "We love Pop" have very similar price range as both our magazines are aimed at young teenagers and need to be affordable.

I have made a decision to be sold and distributed in popular and big supermarkets such as Asda, Tesco, WH Smiths. I made this decision as i want it to be as convenient to my audience as it possibly can and easy for them to find, which a big superstore is where they would suspect my magazine to be. I will also be selling my magazine online as it could increase sales and popularity through doing this, just like my style model, We Love Pop.

My magazine will be available to purchase once a month, a subscription is available at the back of my magazine which means the magazine will be sent to my audience addresses automatically every month as they would have already paid their subscription. I feel as if this is a good decision as it turns out to be cheaper in the end, which is a good idea as the audience that my magazine is targeted at are only young. This will have a positive impact on my readers as they can keep up to date with our magazines and don't have to worry about missing out on a issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment