Thursday 5 May 2016

Evaluation 7.

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

My preliminary task was to be based on general conventions of magazines. When i begun to create this magazine cover i didn't know any sort of skills or techniques at all which is able to tell as the cover i created for my school magazine is plain, simple, boring and doesn't look appealing. There is no excitement as the colours are just plain black and white. The picture doesn't show any emotion and if someone was just to be given the magazine, they wouldn't be able to tell what the magazine is based to unless they read the text on the front cover.




As you can see straight away, there is a huge contrast between these two magazine covers. My music magazine cover is bright, colourful and airy. It looks a lot more appealing and attractive, my main image also shows a lot more than the image on the first magazine. The image shows a clear message that it is a pop magazine and that the girl band featuring in it are strong , independent and have a strong attitude. I made the front cover more exciting than the front cover page shown above by adding more information on what the magazine contained inside such as, other bands and artists. I also added different colours to my page such as pale pin, pale blue and pale purple. I made my masthead look more like one on a real magazine, i also used subheadings, barcode, website link with a Facebook and Twitter logo. I improved this step by step whilst getting inspiration from style models.






No comments:

Post a Comment